Our Legal Team
Throughout the North Queensland community, Chris has earnt a reputation amongst his peers and clients as a dedicated, hard-working and outcome driven lawyer. He worked in private legal practice in Cairns and Innisfail for 11 years before starting Kahler Lawyers in 2016.
Chris’ ability to quickly grasp and analyse complex legal issues with highly-regarded and respected attention to detail give clients peace of mind that their matters are in the most capable hands. In addition, his extensive Court room and litigation experience makes him the first choice for clients seeking to achieve the best possible outcome.
Chris is a passionate rugby union supporter and has played five seasons of rugby with the Innisfail Vikings.
- Admitted as a legal practitioner to the High Court of Australia (2006)
- Admitted as a legal practitioner to the Supreme Court of Queensland and Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory (2005)
- Bachelor of Laws, James Cook University (2004)
- Bachelor of Arts (Politics), James Cook University (2004)
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified) (1998)
Prior to joining Kahler Lawyers in August 2021 Shaun gained valuable experience in various legal roles ranging from legal research assistant at a Cairns barristers’ chambers to working as a commercial solicitor with a well-respected and busy Cairns law firm.
Shaun thrives in challenging and fast paced environments and enjoys working with his clients to promptly get to the core of their legal issues and offer practical real-world solutions. He is passionate about continued learning and is constantly updating his knowledge and skills in the litigation, criminal defence and employment areas.
Shaun is a multigenerational Cairns local with family ties in Innisfail who is passionate about giving back to his community.
- Admitted as a legal practitioner to the Supreme Court of Queensland (2020)
- Bachelor of Laws, Central Queensland University (2020)
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law (2020)
- Diploma of Education, James Cook University (2017)
Michaela looks after all aspects of administration support for the firm including general and trust accounting, reception duties and legal secretarial work. Her eye for detail and inquisitiveness ensures that she completes administrative and accounting tasks enthusiastically and with a professionalism synonymous with modern legal practice.
Since graduating from the University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Japanese Language in 2007 Michaela has worked in a variety of customer service focused roles. She has lived and worked in Innisfail since 2013.
In her spare time, Michaela enjoys learning new languages and keeping up her studies in Japanese language by listening to podcasts and participating in conversational language exchange with Japanese persons who wish to learn English.
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified) (2016)
- University of New South Wales Institute of Languages, Japanese Level 5 – Advanced Credit (2009)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland (2007)
With over 25 years’ paralegal and legal support experience, Tracy has an established reputation as a paralegal of the highest calibre.
Her exceptional attention to detail backed with demonstrated expertise in delivering high standards of service sets her apart from the rest.
Equipped with a strong desire to help people and a determination to succeed, Tracy welcomes the opportunity to assist and support the highly valued clients of Kahler Lawyers.
- Commissioner of Declarations
- RPS in‐house training (Group Net Systems)
- PC Law Training 2010 (Legal Practice Management Software)
- Various Legal Department Training (Legal Aid & Department of Natural Resources & Mines)
Completing her Certificate III in Business Administration in 2015, Ashlea is an asset to the team as an experienced administrative assistant.
Coming from strong client management roles, she is a highly motivated professional committed to delivering dynamic service and fostering positive relationships with clients and colleagues.
Ashlea understands the importance of being the face of a company. She strives to ensure each client visit is a warm and welcome one. Ashlea is excited to bring her experience and enthusiasm to the team at Kahler Lawyers and to their clients.
In her spare time, Ashlea enjoys spending time outdoors with her family and friends.
- Certificate III in Business Administration, EIM Training International, Cairns (2015)